Don’t underestimate your condition when you suffer from lower back pain and bloated tummy at the same time. If it happens in a separate occasion, it may be nothing, but if it happens simultaneously and it is pretty regular, then there is a possibility that you are suffering from something serious – something requires serious checking and also treatments.
The Health Problems
When you are bloated, it means you have excessive gas inside the stomach – and the gas accumulation can create a pressure. The pressure can be strong enough that it will press other organs, including the area of your back. That’s why it is pretty logical when you experience lower back pain when you are bloated. If this happens only once in a while then it isn’t something serious. Of course, it would be better if you can check it with your doctor, making sure that you are fine.
However, if the problem is persistent and it happens quite often, you should be extra aware. There are some issues that are related to the occurrence of lower back pain and bloated tummy at the same time. One of them is the gallstone, which is unfortunately asymptomatic. Based on a health study, whereas 80% of the patients didn’t experience any symptoms at all, the remaining 20% stated that they suffered from lower back pain and bloating (dyspepsia). The pain happens because the gallstone moves from the gallbladder to one of the ducts. The pain usually occurs on the lower part, either on the front side (on the abdomen) or the back area. Be aware of gallstone symptoms that may include the pain, as well as fever, vomiting, and sweating.
Lower Back Pain and Bloated Tummy: The Possible Health Issues
However, gallstone isn’t the only health problem that you will have to endure when you experience simultaneous lower back pain and bloated tummy. The other possible problems include:
- IBS or Irritable Bowel Syndrome is the problem of the lower bowel – the colon. The problem itself isn’t dangerous or life threatening but it does create a discomfort and pain, including diarrhea, constipation, gas, abdominal cramps, and such thing alike. Bloating is one of the most common symptoms, and when it comes with lower back pain, the problem is likely serious enough.
- Ovarian cancer, which is the frightening killer for women. Women aren’t strange to bloating – in fact, they are quite familiar with it. But use your guts. When you sense that the bloating is odd or unusual, and it comes with the sense of fatigue, then you should be aware.
- Pancreatitis and peptic ulcer, which can happen to men. If the symptoms of lower back pain and bloated tummy male exist, then they should have themselves checked. Peptic ulcer is the condition where the tissue is torn or experiencing sore. While pancreatitis is a pretty rare condition – it is when your pancreas is inflamed.
There are still many other possibilities that lead to the pain. The best thing that you can do is to go to the doctor. Once you know the diagnosis, you can formulate the answer and solution. It’s the best way to deal with lower back pain and bloated tummy issue.