If you have experienced lower back pain right side above buttocks, you may want to view your options of the best treatments – based on the cause of your condition, of course. There are different degrees of lower back pain for various reasons too. By understanding how your body works and what causes the problem can help with the solution – after all, you want to get the right treatment and solution, right?
Understanding Lower Back Pain Right Side Issue
The back pain is generally the result of spinal structure injury or damage, like the facet joints, the intervertebral lumbar discs, and also the right lower back muscles. Problems caused by these causes generally result in the centralised spinal pain although it is also possible for the pain to happen on one side only or both sides.
- Stretches for Upper Back Pain in Between Shoulder Blades Various Options
- Radiofrequency Ablation for Back Pain Reviews, What to Know about the Treatment
The muscle strain is mostly responsible for the back pain, leading to the pain happening on the lower right side area of your back. The symptoms may include:
- Lower right side swelling or tenderness
- Muscle spasm
- Limitation in the motion ranges – meaning that you can’t turn to your side or bend without feeling the pain.
- Increased pain especially when you are sitting down or getting up from your bed
- The pain will be better once you apply cold or ice compress
Minor injuries can also be the main cause of the muscle strains. When you accidentally twist your back when lifting the grocery or when you have an old sports injury to the back, it is pretty common and normal to suffer from the lower back pain right side above buttocks.
Spinal Column Pain
Besides the regular issue caused by the common muscle spasms, it is also possible that the spinal column may be responsible for it. Interconnected structures can be the source of the problem, whether it is happening on the back side of the spine, the nerve roots, or the motion segment’s discs.
- Some of the possible lower back pain right sides above buttocks issues include:
Lumbar herniated disc. There is a protruding or leak of the herniated disc, causing the local inflammation on the area and dull ache to happen. The pain generally starts from the buttock although it isn’t always the case.
- Osteoarthritis. When the arthritic bone spur somewhat compresses the right side nerve, it can lead to local tenderness, discomfort, and stiffness on the lower right side area of the back.
- Sacroiliac joint dysfunction. The sacroiliac joints have the function to connect the pelvic bones with the spine base. However, when the joint on the right side area suffers from too little or too much movement, it can lead to pain and discomfort.
- Spinal stenosis. A bone spur, the herniated disc can lead to the spinal canal that is responsible for the lower right back pain, right leg and buttock weakness, and also the radicular pain.
So, how do you get the proper treatment? You will have to have your condition checked first, to make sure about your problem and find out the cause. The treatment depends on the severity of your lower back pain right side above buttocks problems, and you need to work together with your doctor.