Not everyone suffer from sudden severe lower back pain can’t move, so when you suffer from one, it can be a painful and also scary experience. There are different reasons with different solutions. But no matter what, don’t force yourself out of bed or you will make the problem worse. If you can’t move, simply lie down and try to calm yourself. Breathe slowly and make sure that you are calm enough to think about the next move.
Some Possible Scenarios
Have you ever experienced this: you wake up, not feeling anything odd or strange, but then you sense a sharp pain when you are about to sit? Sitting alone hurts so much, not to mention when you are trying to leave the bed – it only get worse. It is possible that the muscles on your back are twitching or spasming and the spinal joints are inflamed.
If such sudden severe lower back pain can’t move happens to you, here are some steps that you can do:
- You can apply cold compress to the affected area
- Take the anti inflammatory drugs. The over counter one in the form of tablet or gel is enough. This type of drug is mild enough so it shouldn’t cause any side effects on general use
- You can take the anti inflammatory medications in the form of injection or tablet that has been prescribed to you. If this is your go-to solution, it means that you are familiar with the back pain – you have experienced such a problem before.
- In some cases, it is possible that the problem is new – and yet you can call the doctor to come over and prescribe the medication. This method, however, can be costly considering the privileged and special treatment that you get from the doctor. Not everyone is able to afford such a thing
- Once you have done all the possible methods, the best thing that you can do is to rest and let the body naturally heals itself.
It is not advisable to apply hot compress in sudden severe lower back pain can’t move because the heat will only make the problem worse. The heat will only cause further issue for the inflammation – whereas you want to ease off the pain. Whatever you do, NEVER massage the affected areas. Massaging the area will only make the pain get intense – not to mention that it is possible that you will only make the muscle spasm to get worse.
It is possible that the problem starts with the wrong position. When you have slept for a while and yet your sleeping position is awkward or uncomfortable, it is possible that you will suffer from the back pain. Some people experience it so they lie while applying the compress. After a while, they feel better.
Some people claim that they had done a wrong move or position (such as bending or turning) and then they experienced a slight pain. Thinking that it was nothing, they ignored it – leading to a more acute pain. The message is clear: never underestimate or ignore any pain or discomfort experienced by your body. If you suspect that there is something wrong with sudden severe lower back pain can’t move, then you should ask for a help.